Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone made it through those crazy storms yesterday with no damage!
We have a great week planned in our classroom!
Reading- We are beginning Holocaust Literature Circles this week.  I have placed your child in a group with a book fit for their reading level.  Each book is written about the Holocaust from the perspective of a Jewish child about your child's age.  This is a very serious and sad topic that we will brush the surface of.  I understand the age of your children and will make sure that what we discuss in class is age appropriate.  Please take the time to discuss any questions or concerns your child may have about the Holocaust, as I will in class.
Writing- We will continue with descriptive writing this week!  I can't wait to read the wonderful pieces your children wrote about my dog Riley!  They really seemed to enjoy having him in class! By the end of the week, we will be discussing 'types of sentences' and creating Turkeys for Thanksgiving!
Math- We will continue with multiplying fractions this week and introduce dividing fractions.  Today, we will review reducing fractions because I have noticed a little lapse in this concept.  Please make sure your child is fluent with their multiplication facts at home.  Use flash cards for 10 minutes a night until you feel they know them well.  I am noticing a lot of counting on fingers.
As always, if you have any questions or concern, please email me at tara.wood@mybedford.us.
Thank you and have a fantastic week!
Mrs. Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment