Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1-5

Happy February!  We are starting this month with warmer temperatures!  Maybe the groundhog will not see his shadow tomorrow and we will be on our way to spring!

This is the beginning of quarter 3, can you believe half of our year is already over?

I have changed a couple things in the grade book that I would like to explain.  I have changed the way I am labeling assignments.  In the past, they were labeled as assignment, quiz, or test.  They will now be labeled as formative or summative.  A formative grade is a frequent, ongoing assessment, completed in route to mastery.  It serves as a checkpoint to tell me where my students are on each concept.  A summative grade is completed after the learning experiences; demonstrating mastery.

Each grade will still be labeled with what the assignment is to help with any confusion.  Please let me know if there are any questions on this subject, as it is extremely important to understand how well your child is mastering the concepts.

Our Valentines Day dance is this Friday from 7-9pm!  Student council has a lot of great things planned for this evening!

Please return the registration form for 7th grade by the end of this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment