Friday, November 6, 2015

November 9-13

Busy week for teachers this week!

Parent/Teacher conferences are Wednesday and Thursday.  Please contact me if you have not signed up!
Our field trip was cancelled on Nov. 6th, that is rescheduled for November 20th.
New quarter starts today!!!

I hope your students have shared our experience we have been having with a 6th grade class in Australia- I joined a group to complete a Global Read Aloud and we have made a connection with a class in Sydney Australia on edmodo!  We have sent videos back and forth introducing ourselves and we are discussing the same book that is being read in both our classrooms! It has been extremely fun to have this opportunity to learn a whole new culture!  Please ask your kids about it!

We will begin working with fractions in math
In reading and writing, we are starting unit 2 in our new ELA books.  Some of the topics covered include:  point of view, making predictions, characterization, figurative language, viewpoints and facts and opinion!

Our 1st quarter was a complete success!  I thoroughly enjoy having your children in class and I look forward to speaking with all of you at conferences!  If you have any concerns for conferences, please email me prior so I am prepared for what you need!

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment